HiveDeveloper is a Hive query tool developed by StratApps. HiveDeveloper gives users the power to visualize their data stored in Hadoop through a minimalistic, but powerful user interface.
Many times, key information is overlooked simply because Hadoop deals with large data sets and one thing is for sure, it's messy. With a basic understanding of SQL and the help of HiveDeveloper, users will be able to instantly receive only the information they need from the database through table views.
**The tool is free for use. Request a download link today!
We are always adding new features, so don't forget to sign up for our newsletter below to get the updates.
NEW! in HiveDeveloper Version 3.0 (12/9/14)
- SCP: Allows transfer of directory files to and from your local machine to remote machines, including HDFS.
HiveDeveloper Main Features:
- Connect to multiple databases
- Custom code queries
- Table Comparison
- Timestamps and Query History
- Export data table to Excel
- Generates logs and backup information so you don't lose your work
- More secure file transfers between local and remote machines.
- Upload local files from your Desktop to Hadoop instances
- Connects to Shark which show query performance improvement by 50x!
- DDL operations are now easier to use. You can Drop, Truncate, Rename Tables, Alter Tables, Add Columns, Add Partitions, View Top Rows, and much more all without having to write scripts.
- Install HiveDeveloper on your Windows, MacOSx, or Linux machine.